FAI installation instructions

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu May 6 18:41:56 CEST 2010

    > "For disk partitioning EXACTLY ONE disk configuration file from $FAI/disk_config is selected using classes."
    -> my question is: how is this disk configuration file chosen ? Do you have to give it the name of a class the host belongs to, e.g. FAIBASE ?

Yep. Maybe reread the chapter about FAI's class system.

    > Because when I testdrive the "demohost" with my the current setup described at my blog, I get:
    > "ERROR: no config file for setup_harddisk found. Please check your classes and files in disk_config"
Check the list of classes for your demohost. BTW, you should not use
setup_harddisk any more. Use setup-storage.

    > 3. I also read:
    > "...where file systems should be created (and their types like ext2, ext3, reiserfs), and how they are mounted..."
    -> is it possible to use ext4 filesytems, as they are used by default in Ubuntu nowadays ?
ext4 is supported since FAI 3.3.4.

    > 4. I want to make an Ubuntu 8.04 mirror on that same fai server. Where and how do I configure what, to make my "demohost" install packages from that repo ?
In source.list.