Failed to obtain UUID (RAID, no LVM)

David Ward ansona10 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:01:29 CEST 2010

Hi, I'm trying a basic raid 1 config with no LVM and I get this error when
running fai-cd -

Command /lib/udev/vol_id -u /dev/sda2 had exit code 4
Failed to obtain UUID for /dev/sda2

Stuff tried -
I verified I'm using the new setup-storage, USE_SETUP_STORAGE=1
I picked up the idea of zeroing the superblock from the list -
   mdadm /dev/md1 -f /dev/sda2
   mdadm /dev/md1 -r /dev/sda2
   mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sda2
I tried upgrading from 3.3.2 to 3.3.5.

These didn't help.   Here is my storage config.

disk_config sda
primary  -           50%-        -      -
primary  swap         8G         swap   sw
primary  -           10G         -      -

disk_config sdb
primary  -           50%-        -      -
primary  -            8G         -      -
primary  -           10G         -      -

disk_config raid
raid1    /           sda1,sdb1   ext3   rw,errors=remount-ro
raid1    swap        sda2,sdb2   swap   rw
raid1    /mysqldata  sda3,sdb3   ext3   rw,nodev

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Dave

PS - Here's a link to the console screenshot -

https://docs.google.co/leaf?id=0B0w1B2FR89n3ZWFmZjA5Y2QtMzJkNS00YzUzLTgzMGQtMGE0ZTNiZmY3OGE1&hl=en