fai-setup teething trouble

Jonathan Morrison jonm at srl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:33:46 CET 2010

Dear All,

Could I have some suggestions on how to handle the  error below. I
suspect I am not interpreting how to set up the fai.conf file correctly.

I: Configuring tasksel-data...
I: Configuring tasksel...
I: Base system installed successfully.
Creating base.tgz
Mounting /files/scratch/debmirror to
/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir//media/mirror.
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
ERROR: Can't mount /files/scratch/debmirror to
/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir//media/mirror.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
No diversion `any diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe', none removed
umount: /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir//media/mirror: not mounted
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
Re-exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...exportfs: invalid
netmask `' for
 failed!

Thanks,

Jonathan.