resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Mar 18 22:36:23 CET 2010

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to resize the /usr volume while installing a host in
> squeeze with 3.3.4~beta2+experimental1, and setup-storage strangely
> removes the volume before trying to resize it:
>
> Starting setup-storage 1.2.1+exp
> [...]
> vg0/usr will be resized
> [...]
> Executing: lvremove -f vg0/usr
> [...]
> Executing: lvresize -L 8192 vg0/usr
> Command lvresize -L 8192 vg0/usr had exit code 5
> [...]
>
> Following is the config file; as it's the first time I use this
> option it might be wrong somewhere.

[...]

You might in fact be the first one ever to use this feature :-) Seriously, it's
pretty likely this is somehow broken. Would you mind pasting the full output
with debug enabled? I've just checked the code and there *is* a check for resize
at the respective part, but maybe I'm missing something or whatever.

Thanks in advance,