A quick question on setting the hostname

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Mar 10 21:00:58 CET 2010

    > First off   awesome piece of code.   I totally love FAI and it's saving me a
    > ton of time.
Thanks you.
I'm always very interested in user experiences with FAI. Please fill
out the FAI questionnaire http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/questionnaire
and send it back to me when you finished a project with fai.

    > My problem is I cannot do a scope wide hostname option.    I'd rather have
    > either the default host name by the IP addy of the target.
You can write a hook that sets the hostname. Use this code snippet

HOSTNAME=youname
hostname $HOSTNAME

    > The best thing for me would be for the client to do a reverse lookup on it's own
    > address and use that value since all of the hostnames are in DNS with
    > reverse capabilities.
You can also do this in the hook.