Error disk config fai

Wim De Geeter wim.de-geeter at uni-graz.at
Thu Jun 10 15:00:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have used fai with lenny without problems
No i try to test it with squeeze.
When I boot my first client I get an error in task partition
With Lenny the disk_config file was working fine

failog:
/FAI_ACTION: install
Performing FAI installation. All data may be overwritten!
^G^G^G
Calling task_install
Calling task_partition
Partitioning local harddisks using setup-storage
Starting setup-storage 1.2.1
Using config file: /var/lib/fai/config/disk_config/BEO
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda unit TiB print
Command parted -s /dev/sda unit TiB print had exit code 1
Parted could not read a disk label
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mklabel msdos
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda unit TiB print
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda unit B print free
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda unit chs print free
     Finding all volume groups
   No volume groups found
Executing: mdadm --detail --scan --verbose -c partitions
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mklabel msdos
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mklabel msdos
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mkpart primary ext3 32256B 6440394239B
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mkpart extended  6440394240B 7509680639B
Executing: parted -s /dev/sda mkpart logical linux-swap 6440426496B
7509680639B
Executing: mkfs.ext3  /dev/sda1
Command mkfs.ext3  /dev/sda1 had exit code 1
Executing: mkswap  /dev/sda5
Executing: fai-vol_id -u /dev/sda1
Command fai-vol_id -u /dev/sda1 had exit code 2
Failed to obtain UUID for /dev/sda1.

       This may happen if the device was part of a RAID array in the past;

       in this case run mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sda1 and retry
Error in task partition. Traceback: task_error task_partition task
task_install task task_action task main
FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped./

Config disk_config
/disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos

primary /       6G    ext3    rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical swap    1024    swap    rw/

The disk I use is a clean disk, not used before

Any help??
Many thanks

-   Please consider the environment before printing this   -
-         email or its attachments. Many thanks...         -