Creating squeeze nfsroot, no initrd found

Ralph Majer majer at vitracom.de
Wed Jul 7 18:47:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have the same problem as mentioned in the archive below:
https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2010-June/008001.html

The initrd is not generated even when using "fai-setup -v -U"
I'm running fai on debian squeeze and want to install a debian squeeze.

Do you have any idea what I can try?

In the log file I see some statements on initrd but nothing that helps me:
Running update-initramfs.
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-486
df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such file or
directory
sed: can't read /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf: No such file or directory
Examining /etc/kernel/postinst.d.
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 2.6.32-5-486
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-486
Generating mdadm.conf... done (failed to scan arrays; /proc probably not
mounted).
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
insserv: warning: script 'rcS.distrib' missing LSB tags and overrides
„/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-486“ ->
„/srv/tftp/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-486“
cp: Aufruf von stat für
„/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/initrd.img-*“ nicht möglich:
Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
DHCP environment prepared. If you want to use it, you have to enable the
dhcpd and the tftp-hpa daemon.
ERROR: No initrd installed.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log

The following version are installed from the original debian repository:
un fai <keine> (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
ii fai-client 3.3.5 Fully Automatic Installation client package
ii fai-doc 3.3.5 Documentation for FAI
un fai-kernels <keine> (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
ii fai-quickstart 3.3.5 Fully Automatic Installation quickstart package
ii fai-server 3.3.5 Fully Automatic Installation server package

Best regards
Ralph Majer