FAI on a thumper

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 26 08:58:37 CET 2010

Hi all

we are currently trying FAI 3.3.3 on a thumper (Sun Fire x4500) but right now
it does not like it too much:

[...]
Executing: parted -s /dev/sdy unit chs print free
Executing: parted -s /dev/sdz unit TiB print
Executing: parted -s /dev/sdz unit B print free
Executing: parted -s /dev/sdz unit chs print free
Executing: vgdisplay --units m -s
Executing: mdadm --detail --scan --verbose -c partitions
INTERNAL ERROR in setup-storage:
Invalid device /dev/sdy1
Please report this error to the Debian Bug Tracking System.

the device /dev/sdy is there (I can query it via smartctl) but sdy1 is not
(yet) there. If I run against another disk, e.g. sdc all is fine, but this
machine can only boot from very specific disks :(

When enabling debugging the output get *very* lengthy, but I can try to
capture it, if people would like to see it.

Any ideas how I can proceed?

Cheers

Carsten