Setting ROOTPW not properly documented in fai-guide?

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:46:59 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Toomas Tamm <tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee> wrote:
> Maybe you have modified that script, or it is not run at all in your
> setup?

No - you misunderstood me a little bit :)

The question was not if/how it works with mkpasswd - I got this
working as you write it - just with less security as it's less
critical and without all those options for mkpasswd.

The question is why using mkpasswd is not documented in the fai-guide,
and if/how the things documented in the fai-guide (it says only "use
crypt/md5") can be made to work.

Henning