issue with setup-storage, squeeze, and SW Raid1

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Thu Dec 23 02:19:49 CET 2010

Hi Michael,

Yes, that describes the issue perfectly.

Thus, at your suggestion I made the change to my SW_RAID config in disk_config file, which is to add in the "align-at":

 disk_config disk1 align-at:32256B

This worked perfectly. The client installed and then booted, no problems. Again, this is 4.0~48 FAI with the 3.3.5 perl modules and setup-storage script copied into my nfsroot.

I then restored the 4.0~48 perl modules, setup-storage script, and lib files to my nfsroot and restarted the client. That worked just fine.

Next I transplanted the 3.4.5 perl modules, setup-storage script, and lib files to my nfsroot and restarted the client. No go.  fai.log shows my disk_config file then Error in task partition. Traceback: task_error task_partition task task_install task task_action task main

Now, this MAY be due to the fact that the FAI installation itself is 4.0~48 with a transplanted 3.4.5 setup-storage, yet with the 3.3.5 version transplanted in it worked just fine. Kind of odd.

David Dreezer
Customer Advocate, Social Strata, Inc.

Online Community HQ Since 1996
Hoop.la · LiveCloud · Eve Community