issue with setup-storage, squeeze, and SW Raid1

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Wed Dec 22 10:28:18 CET 2010

Hi,

Le mardi 21 décembre 2010 à 18:50 -0800, David Dreezer a écrit :
> Our /dev/hdx drives were being identified as /dev/sd(x), confusing
> both us and setup storage.  I made edits to my disk_config file to
> work around this

You could specify disks names in your disk_config as "disk1, disk2..."
instead of "sda, hda...". "diskX" will be replaced by setup-storage to
appropriate physical names.

@FAI team: I didn't found any line about this feature in the
setup-storage wiki page (http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Setup-storage)
except in the EBNF description. There is only one "little" example about
"Create a softRAID" where this syntax is used. Also, there is no example
about LVM/Raid on entire disks...

Bests
Mât