issue with setup-storage, squeeze, and SW Raid1

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Dec 22 09:24:11 CET 2010

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your detailed description!!

[...]
> Whatever the issue is, I think it is has to be in the experimental 48 build of setup-storage. I'm just not savvy enough to figure out what the problem is as there are no errors logged that I can see.  I have a tarball of the entire log directory from the last installation that couldn't boot, on the 48 build. Perhaps there is something in there to look at? If someone wants it I can send it to him as I don't think I can (or should) attach it in an email to the group here.

Do you think you could spend some more time to help us debugging this? First of
all I'd of course be interested to take a look at your logs, but it would be
even more helpful if

- you could also produce and send logs of the 3.3.5 version
- try 3.4.5 from squeeze and send logs

If 3.4.5 is good for you, then you should be fine entirely using that version
and would just be back to squeeze instead of using experimental FAI cruft :-)

Hope this helps,