fai-mirror error after update to 3.4.5

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Dec 5 10:59:07 CET 2010

Hi Karl,

> >Thank you for further investigating this issue; it seems like we almost
> >concurrently posted our analyses :-)
> >
> Indeed. As I pushed the send button your mail came in. (Whow, what a response
> time - lot better than the 24 hours used to get for commercial software ;-)

:-))))

[...]
> >The proposed patch would un-fix #600715, which was precisely what caused the
> >current problem. The problem is now tracked as #605947.
> Thank you for your detailed analysis. You are the expert.

No, definitely I'm not. I just took your very nice problem description with all
the debugging output and combined it with my
I'm-working-with-FAI-for-a-few-years-now experience :-)

Thanks again for nice report, it shall help to avoid urgent need for fixes post
the release of squeeze.

Best regards,