Setup-storage and logical drive failure

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Dec 3 23:18:07 CET 2010

Hi,

[...]

> Might I suggest that the current documentation be changed to remove references to partitioning sizes in anything other than M? The man page led me to believe that my config file declarations were proper, thus my trip to this newsgroup for help

Sorry for taking so long to respond; I have finally got around to change the
documentation to the following text:

       sizespec ::= RAM:[[:digit:]]+%|[[:digit:]]+[kKMGTP%iB]*
                /* size in kilo (KiB), mega (default, MiB), giga (GiB), tera (TiB),
                 * petabytes (PiB) or percentage of disk size or RAM size; integers
                 * only, no decimal numbers.
                 * In future releases KB, MB, GB, ... will be treated as 1000 instead
                 * of 1024 (KiB, MiB, GiB, ...) multipliers */

That is, units other than M are fine, but decimal numbers aren't allowed. This
may or may not change in future versions, but right now that's the status. Well,
and Thomas even suggested that this should not be changed such as not to
increase complexity even more. We'll see what the future holds.

Best regards,