ftar bug ?

C. V. list-user at backenhoernchen.de
Mon Aug 30 11:56:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

while extensively testing and configuring a FAI System, I encountered a possible bug.

Using the program 'ftar' with the option '-d' did more than I expected. It deleted the content of the corresponding directory even though the tar.gz was not extracted because it did not belong to one of the classes.

Example (do not forget the implicit classes for understanding the problem):

systemA with class "A B"
systemB with class "A C"

script/A/do:
ftar -d /root/extractpath

corresponding file:
files/root/extractpath/systemB.tar.gz

What now happens is that the ftar script deletes all files in '/root/extractpath' even though the tar-file is not assigned for extraction in systemA.
So I guess that the delete operation is at the wrong point in the ftar program, since I expect the deletion only if the tar-file will be extracted, which it does not in my example.

Greets