FAI 3.4.0 config space mount problem

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Aug 25 01:23:07 CEST 2010

[Cc-ing debian-live mailing list]

* Jeffrey Stolte <stolte at ucar.edu> [Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 01:40:52PM -0600]:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:10:27AM -0600, Jeffrey Stolte wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 06:38:03PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > > * Jeffrey Stolte <stolte at ucar.edu> [Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 10:05:32AM -0600]:

> > > Which versions of kernel, initramfs-tools and live-initramfs are you
> > > using?

> > > I'm aware of a regression in aufs where directories
> > > can't be accessed when read for the first the time.

> > > Grml's live-initramfs (>=1.177.1-1grml.02) is supposed to work
> > > around this issue, see:

> > >   http://git.grml.org/?p=live-initramfs-grml.git;a=commitdiff;h=cb9bd23e7cebf7852e632266b4c7e63580c7816e

> > > live-initramfs version 1.177.1-1grml.03 is available at:

> > >    http://deb.grml.org grml-stable
> > >    http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de lenny/koeln

> As a quick test, I installed the 05mountpoints script from the Grml
> live-initramfs version 1.177.1-1grml.03 package into my nfsroot and
> then rebuilt the initrd.  The client can now mount the config space
> properly and the FAI install works as expected.  I sure hope this
> bug will be fixed before squeeze is released (either in aufs or with
> an updated live-initramfs package).  Thanks very much for your help
> with this problem.

You're welcome.

JFTR: I just pinged the debian-live team (the guys who take care of
live-initramfs in Debian) on IRC and am Cc-ing them with this mail
as well so they are aware of this issue.

@debian-live: the above mentioned issue (full quoting of mail
therefore) should be fixed for the squeeze release, there's an
existing workaround (see the git URL). If you need any further
information/help please let me know.

regards,
-mika-
--