Ubuntu FAI PPA and Lucid Lynx - Lucid Host

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Aug 23 20:09:50 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Robert Markula wrote:
> This works "basically" (in the sense that FAI does it's job) and the
> host gets installed. However, I'm currently stuck with the host booting
> straight into Memtest86+. Upon looking through the fai-setup.log [1],
> I'm a bit worried by the line:
>
> <snip>
> ls: cannot access /boot/vmlinu*: No such file or directory
> </snip>
>
> On the target host the error.log[2] doesn't look any brighter:
>
> <snip>
> fai.log:Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
> "linux-image-486"
> shell.log:ERROR: No kernel was installed. Have a look at shell.log
> </snip>

the last piece of the puzzle was in one of the provided example files -
namely /srv/fai/config/package_config/DEFAULT.

In this file, all references to the kernel package still follow debian
naming convention (linux-image-486). Changing them to 'linux-image'
finally gets the system running.

Cheers,
Robert