bad udp checksums

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Aug 16 21:03:34 CEST 2010

Robert,

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > I think I have seen such error messages (although these have not been fatal over
> > here) when using DHCP relays. Which network devices do you have interconnecting
> > the virtual client and your FAI server? Does the same server work for other
> > hosts?
>
> Well:
> - the DHCP server is a physical machine connected to the same subnet as
> the other machines (192.168.0.1)
> - The FAI and TFTP server are on a virtual machine (192.168.0.213),
> - as well as the FAI client machine (192.168.0.241).
>
> Both VMs are on a bridged network on the same physical client machine
> (192.168.0.78).
>
> I'm using this client machine as host for multiple VMs for ages without
> problems; my Ubuntu Jaunty Installation HowTo was written using the
> above setup one year ago.

If I get your message right you have actually been setting up such (virtual)
demo clients on this very same machine for quite some time already? When was
your last successful setup done? What have you changed since? If it wasn't you,
which packages have changed since? Did you only upgrade the FAI package?

Thanks,
Michael

PS.: I'm not a Ubuntu expert, this is pretty much just the questions I'd ask
myself if it had happened to me. If there's something specific to the Ubuntu/PPA
packages I won't know.