bad udp checksums

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Aug 16 20:55:00 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I think I have seen such error messages (although these have not been fatal over
> here) when using DHCP relays. Which network devices do you have interconnecting
> the virtual client and your FAI server? Does the same server work for other
> hosts?

Well:
- the DHCP server is a physical machine connected to the same subnet as
the other machines (192.168.0.1)
- The FAI and TFTP server are on a virtual machine (192.168.0.213),
- as well as the FAI client machine (192.168.0.241).

Both VMs are on a bridged network on the same physical client machine
(192.168.0.78).

I'm using this client machine as host for multiple VMs for ages without
problems; my Ubuntu Jaunty Installation HowTo was written using the
above setup one year ago.

Cheers,
Robert