setup-storage + grub2

Waldemar Brodkorb fai at waldemar-brodkorb.de
Mon Apr 12 19:56:52 CEST 2010

Hi,
Adrian von Bidder wrote,

> Issues confirmed, and I've reported these twice on this list already.
>
> I just switched to LILO, works for me.

I think the patch in the experimental tree does not work as
expected. To boot from LVM boot volume I changed the script to
following:

error=0 ; trap "error=$((error|1))" ERR

$ROOTCMD grub-mkimage --output=/boot/grub/core.img biosdisk part_msdos ext2 lvm
$ROOTCMD update-grub
$ROOTCMD grub-install --modules="biosdisk part_msdos ext2 lvm" --no-floppy "(hd0)"
$ROOTCMD grub-setup "(hd0)"

exit $error

Having support for raid and serial and lvm seems to be to big for
core.img.
@Michael: I think we need some tweaking here. device2grub does not
work correctly for LVM boot support for me. The method in svn trunk
does work correctly for simple boot via primary partition.

bye
 Waldemar