setup-storage does not create crypttab

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Sep 17 15:58:21 CEST 2009

> I have defined encrypted swap and tmp like this
>
> disk_config lvm
> vg vg1 disk1.6
> vg1-swap	swap:encrypt 	2048	swap	sw
> vg1-tmp		/tmp:encrypt	1024	ext2	rw
>
> This works during setup, two device-mapper devices crypt_dev_vg1_tmp and crypt_dev_vg1_swap are created and written to fstab, but no crypttab is generated. I am doing this now with a script, but from taking a look at setup-storage source it looks like it shoud create a correct crypttab, right?

Indeed it should, yes :-) Hmm, are you using the experimental FAI version or
3.2.20 or something? Looking at my experimental patch named
setup-storage_full-crypto-support the comment induces that it might not work on
LVM devices without this patch :-) That means:

- Are you using the experimental builds or the stable release?
- Would you be willing to test the experimental version in this case?
- If so, I'd happily merge that patch into mainline as I just left it in the
  experimental branch because it had not seen sufficient testing.

Thanks a lot,