FAI Djangofied

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at thalesgroup.com
Thu Sep 10 17:45:23 CEST 2009

Hi Stephan,

Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:31:00 -0700 "Stephan Hermann" wrote:
> Hardwired DHCP Entries (wired on MACs) are for pimps, what real
> admins want is a TFTPD which does the work ;)
> I tweaked tftpy, a tftp(d) suite written in python.
> I tweaked it to use as well djagno ORM models. It catches the
> 01-<MAC ADDR + s/\:/\-/> file and converts it into a real mac

Can you explain in detail how you patched (or what do you refer to
saying 'tweaked'?) TFTPy?

Is the source code of the latest version of your work available for
download somewhere? A tarball would be nice. Found nothing in trunk on
https://launchpad.net/faimgr/trunk or https://code.launchpad.net/faimgr
:-(

In order to make your application work the default tftpd server
installed with FAI needs to be replaced by the patched TFTPy. Does this
have any negative consequences? @Thomas: If faimgr turns out to be popular will
the default tftp server be TFTPy in future FAI releases?

Peter