Installing seamonkey

Markus Köberl markus.koeberl at tugraz.at
Fri Sep 4 21:02:46 CEST 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009, John G. Heim wrote:
> As I write this, it occurs to me that what I am really asking is if it is
> possible to add an item to the gnome default menu in a shell script.

I am not completely sure, it is a long time ago that i had to do this. It
worked with debian etch for gnome and kde.
Try to create an aplicationname.desktop file at /usr/share/applications and
run update-menus

example of the aplicationname.desktop file which worked fine for me:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Skype (32bit)
Comment=Skype Internet Telephony
Exec=skype