How to dynamically add a repository in FAI?

Alex Ingle ingle.as at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:08:05 CEST 2009

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your help. We followed your suggestions with some modification
and it helps.
We can set repositories based on HW class. And we should be able to manage
version of package by adding package pin entry in /etc/apt/preferences/CLASS
when needed
Here what we did.
1) We used individual repository for every Hardware CLASS in configuration.
2) The string "fcopy /etc/apt/sources.list" was placed in updatebase hook.
(not in instsoft hook because updatebase task updates the list of available
packages. That's probably why it didn't work before).
3) LAN initialization has been made in debconf hook to retrieve Debian
repositories by network

Best Regards,
Alexey.