German keyboard layout

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Oct 15 15:43:01 CEST 2009

> Le mardi 23 juin 2009 à 19:17 +0200, Robert Markula a écrit :
> > I've managed to successfully install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty (FAI
> > 3.2.4+svn4837) from a Debian Lenny Server (FAI 3.2.17). Everything works
> > well, except that the client's console keyboard layout is set to the
> > standard US layout by default. I've been struggling for quite a while
> > now, but I can't get it to automatically default to the german layout.

[...]

We've got a what seems to be fully working setup doing only the following: Add

xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/inputdevice/keyboard/variant        string nodeadkeys
xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/inputdevice/keyboard/layout string de
xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/inputdevice/keyboard/model  string pc105

console-common console-data/keymap/full select de
console-data console-data/keymap/full select de

console-data	console-data/keymap/qwertz/german/standard/keymap	select	latin1
console-data	console-data/keymap/qwertz/layout	select	German

in some proper file like debconf/KEYBOARD_DE and you should be fine.

Best,