Read-only filesystem after moving to new server

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Mon Oct 12 16:56:07 CEST 2009

Hi All,

A small update and another question... Since I couldn't figure out why
this was not working, I started from scratch.
I've found that a "clean" roll-put with lenny wont work, im getting
kernel panics errors again. But is probably due to missing modules for
our bnx2 networkcards.

Putting the old config files bak and using our own "old" kernel to get
around this still wont work, the boot proccess keeps asking for a proper
"init=", which is strange since we never used an init image in the "old"
setup.  Does newer versions of expect a init image?

The problem is that I can never get out off the initrd on to the actual
fai installation this way..

Im really lost at this point, since I cant seem to get the old setup
working, nor a new one!
Any help would be greatly appreciated... If more info is needed all be
glad to post that here!

--

Leen Smit
 Systems Admin

 Service2Media B.V.
 Arnhemseweg 2
 3817 CH Amersfoort

 Capitool 41
 7521 PL Enschede

 Tel  +31 (0)35 626 46 12
Fax +31 (0)35 626 46 13
Service2media: Empowering live on the move"