Read-only filesystem after moving to new server

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Thu Oct 8 13:26:42 CEST 2009

Hey All,

Im setting up a mixed etch/lenny 32/64 bits FAI enviroment. All is
working fine, but I wanted to move to a 64bits Lenny server (this was 32
bits etch)
So I installed fai-quickstart, copied /etc/fai over from the old server
(needed to adjust somesettings) and ran fai-setup.
I ended up with some errors: /lib/modules/ was empty for example, and I
had to move /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir to /srv/fai/nfsroot/ or
I would get kernel panics.

The problem im running into now, is it cant find a lot off paths, and
its complaining that the filesystem is read-only.
I'seen this before at home when trying to get FAI on ubuntu. The
solution then was to move everything to the (correct) /live/filesystem.dir.
But, as said above, if I do that now, it wont boot at all...

What might be causing this read-only file system errors? Can any one
tell me? Should I move everything back to /live/filesystem.dir ? if so,
how can I prevent the kernel panic?

--

Leen Smit