ssh keys acceptation in log saving phase and interfaces selection for automated install

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 7 14:20:27 CEST 2009

    > 1) During the log saving phase, the installed machine tries to copy
    > all logs by rcp (I suppose) which is only link for ssh, so it asks to
    > confirm acceptation of keys which must be accepted by keyboard. I
    > thought of distributing certificates during the installation, but it
    > is such usual thing that there must be some better way how to resolve
    > it.

    > 3) The third thing is that the fai installation does not change in the
    > end the status of the installed machine. So after successfull
    > installation, it reboots and install again. I thought I used wrong
    > switch on fai-.chboot but I have not found any clues in man page.

Those two issues are the cause of your wrong setting of
FAI_LOGPROTO. But since you are using rsh, I gues you are using an old
FAI version. The new version have ssh enabled by default (in fai.conf:
FAI_LOGPROTO=ssh)

Check your settings and call fai-setup again, which should setup the
ssh keys, so your root account can save the log files onto your
install server without asking for the passeord.