ssh keys acceptation in log saving phase and interfaces selection for automated install

Lukáš Oliva olivalukas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:33:32 CEST 2009

  Hello,
I found fai as very ggod solution for automatic installation of Debian
Lenny. I encountered three problems that I was not able to resolve
easily.

1) During the log saving phase, the installed machine tries to copy
all logs by rcp (I suppose) which is only link for ssh, so it asks to
confirm acceptation of keys which must be accepted by keyboard. I
thought of distributing certificates during the installation, but it
is such usual thing that there must be some better way how to resolve
it.

2) On four network interface cards machine I have problem selecting
the to boot on. The computer is Sun Fire X4170 and the problem is in
two "features":
    a) only two interfaces can be selected to boot from (in BIOS)
    b) the interfaces selected for image download from TFTP is not the
same it tries to mount NFS.

So it can take the TFTP image from interface no 1, but then it tries
to mount NFS on interface no 2. On the other hand I am not able to
boot on interface no 2. My question is: is there some way how to
configure which device shall be used during tftp phase or how the
interfaces should be numbered after booting the downloaded
vmlinuz/initrd?

3) The third thing is that the fai installation does not change in the
end the status of the installed machine. So after successfull
installation, it reboots and install again. I thought I used wrong
switch on fai-.chboot but I have not found any clues in man page.

  Could anyone help with these issues? Thanks for any comments in advance.

  Lukas