amd64 kernel, but 32bits packages installed?

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Thu Oct 1 11:19:30 CEST 2009

And how does make-nfsroot determine wether to install 64 bit nfsroot??
I've been following these guides :
http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/FAI_Cross-architecture
http://www.osburg.org/Ubuntu-fai
http://woonuk.springnote.com/pages/1447230.xhtml

all to no avail, Im still getting a 32bits nfsroot.

How does fai go trough the /etc/fai-amd64/nfsroot  file? It seems it
just reads the first bit, the I386 part..

my current config looks the following. I try to create a nfsroot with
"export APT_CONFIG=/etc/fai-amd64/apt_arch.conf; fai-setup -C
/etc/fai-amd64 -v"

-- /etc/fai-amd64/apt_amd64.conf:
APT {
      Architecture "amd64";
    }

-- /etc/fai-amd64/make-fai-nfsroot.conf :
NFSROOT=/srv/fai/nfsroot-amd64
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="lenny http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian --arch amd64"
TFTPROOT=/srv/tftp/fai
FAI_ROOTPW='$1$BaZ/tg2M$x9byuA77AzsQZ./PZODSq0'
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=dhcp-client,info

== /etc/fai-amd64/NFSROOT
PACKAGES install
fai-nfsroot module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh rdate lshw hwinfo portmap
bootpc rsync lftp rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs usbutils
psmisc pciutils hdparm smartmontools parted mdadm lvm2
dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
sysutils dialog discover mdetect
console-tools console-common
expect iproute udev subversion vim

PACKAGES install I386
grub lilo read-edid

PACKAGES install AMD64
grub lilo
linux-image-2.6-amd64 aufs-modules-2.6-amd64

PACKAGES install IA64
elilo gnu-efi efibootmgr

PACKAGES install SPARC
silo sparc-utils

PACKAGES install ALPHA
aboot

--

Leen Smit

Systems Admin

Service2Media B.V.

Arnhemseweg 2

3817 CH Amersfoort

Capitool 41

7521 PL Enschede

Tel  +31 (0)35 626 46 12

Fax +31 (0)35 626 46 13
Service2media: Empowering live on the move"