Create FAI NFSroot for i386 arch on amd64 host?

Toni Mueller support-fai at oeko.net
Fri Nov 27 11:25:10 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 26.11.2009 at 15:55:21 +0100, Toni Mueller <support-fai at oeko.net> wrote:
> I'm using an apt-proxy installation as a mirror, and installing
> manually, where pointing to this same mirror, works like a charm. I'm
> thus not convinced about the brokenness of my mirror.

in the meantime, I read about the new features in FAI 3.3, and decided
to upgrade my FAI server. This made the problem mostly go away, and I
now have a probably almost working nfsroot-i386. The only piece which
is still obviously wrong, is the amd64 kernel which is installed
alongside the i386 binaries, and no i386 kernel.

In my NFSROOT config file, I have:

PACKAGES aptitude I386
grub
linux-image-2.6.26-2-i386 aufs-modules-2.6.26-2-i386

PACKAGES aptitude AMD64
grub lilo
linux-image-2.6.26-2-amd64 aufs-modules-2.6.26-2-amd64

Kind regards,
--Toni++