Create FAI NFSroot for i386 arch on amd64 host?

Toni Mueller support-fai at oeko.net
Thu Nov 26 15:55:21 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 26.11.2009 at 15:23:13 +0100, Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>     > Unfortunately, it does not work for me:
>
>     > # fai-setup -C /etc/fai-i386 -v  -r
>     > Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
>     > I: Installing core packages...
>     > W: Failure trying to run: chroot
> I'm pretty sure, your mirror/proxy is broken. Use an official mirror
> instead or check your mirror/proxy.

thanks for the quick answer.

I'm using an apt-proxy installation as a mirror, and installing
manually, where pointing to this same mirror, works like a charm. I'm
thus not convinced about the brokenness of my mirror.

Looking at dpkg's man page suggests that I may need to pass
'--force-architecture' to it, but I don't yet see a place where to do
it.

I tried to use FAI 3.2.20 on a Lenny/amd64 box to install a Lenny/i386
box.

Kind regards,
--Toni++