How to create a bootable USB stick containing fai-cd

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at thalesgroup.com
Thu Nov 26 14:18:38 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

just out of curiosity and for the sake of reproducing the USB image you
provide: What exact commands do you use (did you use) for creating the
image (fai-usb-3.3.tar.lzma) with fai-mirror and fai-cd?

# fai-mirror -B /path/to/mirror && fai-cd -m /path/to/mirror ...

I am mainly interested in what content goes into the local repository,
so that the system installs fine from the USB stick. (Is -B okay, or
will there files be missing for the installation?)

Peter