errors with FAI 3.3 and shell scripts

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Mon Nov 23 10:09:20 CET 2009

Le Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:40:25 +0100,
Michael Tautschnig <mt at debian.org> a écrit :

> [...]
>

> > I've investigated to understand the error, and found that the
> > task_prepareapt function (and other FAI ones defined
> > in /usr/lib/fai/subroutines) are transmitted through environment
> > from /etc/init.d/rcS to FAI config scripts (like the hook script
> > which install these packages) and even in the commands run in the
> > chroot ! These error messages are reported by
> > <package>.p[re|ost]inst scripts called by apt-get inside the
> > chroot !
> >
> >   I didn't find if it's a new property of FAI 3.3, but didn't have
> > this kind of error before. I didn't equally found how to workaround
> > it, i.e. to reset the environment for commands which don't need FAI
> > configuration definitions, like apt-get command run in the chroot :
> > have you any idea about this ?
> >

> Which kind of system did you upgrade? Just some standard client or
> was that the NFSROOT itself? I also noticed some similar oddities
> within the chroot, but I didn't care much as the NFSROOT is not
> really a "normal" system.

  I was upgrading a FAI process targeted to install a Woody system, and
actually found my problem comes from the old version of bash in Woody
doesn't accept some definitions used in tast_prepareapt() function. I
found a workaround by undefining this function once used, as it's used
only once on the beginning of the FAI installation process.

	Fred.