Two network cards

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at thalesgroup.com
Tue Nov 17 14:49:53 CET 2009

Hi,

I also need to setup clients with multiple (two or more) network
interfaces, and as there doesn't seem to be a step-by-step Howto with
condensed information for this highly requested topic neither on the
mailing list nor in the FAIwiki I have started a page in the latter:

http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Multiple_Network_Interfaces_Howto

My very problem boils down to the following:

* I need to install a client machine and configure it with all static IP
addresses for each of the network interfaces. (That would involve
fai-chboot and the /var/lib/fai/config/scripts/FAIBASE/30-interface
script - to dynamically setup all active interfaces in the
client's /etc/network/interfaces file.)

Is anyone of you aware of step-by-step instructions that tackle this
problem, or has anyone of you done exactly this before too?

What I am about to try is create a boot profile for each interface
(based on MAC address/IP address of the interfaces), and put a
configuration in /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf for each of the interfaces.

I will update the Wiki article mentioned above based on my findings. In
the meantime any feedback of you is highly welcome!

Cheers, Peter