fai3.3 + karmic

Bent Meyer askldj-fai at ko-sys.com
Mon Nov 9 19:06:38 CET 2009

Henning Sprang schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Bent Meyer <askldj-fai at ko-sys.com> wrote:
>
>> I have upgrade from fai-3.2.20 to fai-3.3 and from Ubuntu Jaunty to
>> Karmic. It does work well,
>>

> Interesting.
> So, you're installing plain FAI from teh Uni Käln apt repository or from where?

Yes, dpkg-buildpackage'd on Ubuntu server 9.10, formerly 9.04. On 9.04
it mostly worked as a charme. I just had to pull live-initramfs from
Debian (it is now provided by Karmic) and some messing with udevadm.

>> My guess is, that fai doesn't work well with upstart's way to start tty
>> tasks?
>>

> Might be, most developers don't use Ubuntu but only Debian on servers
> and therefore any difference between Debian(Lenny, that is) and UBuntu
> is very likely to not be supported/FAI not being aware of it.

I like the idea, that both server and client run the same platform.

I need to work out a bit more. I just discovered that root's password is
not set to its standard value and sshd is not running. That makes it
hard to examine the result of installation. :-)

/Bent