FAI 3.3 released

Joel Merrick joel.merrick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:44:03 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> wrote:

> Actually we are doing this:
>
> 1. Minimal Deployment of Ubuntu/Debian with FAI
>   (OS, IPs, snmpd, puppetclient)
> 2. After reboot into the production ready host,
>   puppetclient fires up and does the rest of configuration management,
>   installation of additional packages, and as well doing later on e.g.
>   /etc/network/interfaces management

Agreed.. this is the way we're rolling too.

I wouldn't say FAI was a competitor, but a direct addition to the automation
toolset really.

Using it to bootstrap a client to get 'just enough config' to get it online
and begin the next stage of configuration and service bootstrapping

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'