FAI 3.3 released

Grant Root groot at dayton-phoenix.com
Tue Nov 3 23:04:32 CET 2009

On 3 Nov 2009 at 22:55, Philipp Grau wrote:

> Currently I am evaluating bfcg2 and puppet, both the next generation
> cfengine to be. The Idea is to install a base system with preseeding
> and let bcfg2/puppet do the rest. The outcome should be a simple (quick)
> rollout, a consistent configuration based on rules. And changes of the
> clients are mangened through the central config space.

That's the solution I'm working on -- doing minimal setup with FAI and
then the rest of the configuration, including ongoing changes, with
Puppet. So far it seems like a good approach.

--
Grant Root
IT Supervisor, Dayton-Phoenix Group, Inc.

~~~~~ Randomly-Selected Thought for the Day ~~~~~
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong." -- Voltaire