preserve first primary partition

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri May 22 21:31:25 CEST 2009

I am trying to create some dual-boot machines using FAI. But I cannot figure
hout how to preserve the first partition where Windows is installed. I did
managed to wipe Windows out on one computer.

If I say preserve_always:1, do I still have to create a line for that
partition? I want linux installed on primary partition 2.

This does *not* work:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos preserve_always:1

primary  /             6G ext3   rw,errors=remount-ro
logical  swap          1G-2G   swap   rw
logical  /var          10G-20G   ext3   rw         createopts="-m 5"
tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"
logical  /tmp          1G-2G     ext3   rw         createopts="-m 0"
tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"
logical  /usr          10G-40G      ext3   rw
logical  /home         100-50%    ext3   rw,nosuid
createopts="-m 1" tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"