setup-storage: error

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Fri May 15 10:11:29 CEST 2009

Alexander Bugl a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas!
>

>> Could you post the result of the following commands, they are the ones
>> used by setup-storage to find the disk configuration:
>> # parted -s /dev/sda unit TiB print
>> # parted -s /dev/sda unit chs print free
>>

> Both produce the same result:
>
> # parted -s /dev/sda unit TiB print
> Error: /dev/sda: unrecognised disk label
> # parted -s /dev/sda unit chs print free
> Error: /dev/sda: unrecognised disk label
>
> But shouldn't the disk label be set by setup-storage?
> disk_config sda disklabel:msdos

Yes, it's supposed to do so with "parted -s /dev/sda mklabel msdos", but
for some reason it has not, and neither has printed any error message
about it. Strange. I'm afraid you will have to wait for Michael for an
explanation.

In the meanwhile you could try to label the disk yourself, it might be
enough to make setup-storage happy.

--
Nicolas