FAI 3.2.20 released

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu May 7 08:59:31 CEST 2009

    > Apologies, but I'm still not getting it..

    > What files do I need to look in to change these settings? Do I then need to
    > rerun fai-cd?
man fai-cd. There's a option -g which lets you specify a different
menu.lst. Put the options into this file.

    > What I'm trying to achieve is to have a bootcd, where I can specify the
    > install server to install from.. without having to rely on DHCP/PXE at all
you can also specify all network parameters using ip=. Have a look at
the kernel source documentation (IIRC nfsroot.txt and
kernel-parameters.txt).

Also
/srv/fai//nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/usr/share/man/man7/live-initramfs.7.gz
will explain some options.

Please no HTML mails!