FAI 3.2.20 released

Joel Merrick joel.merrick at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:25:22 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>wrote:

> joel.merrick at gmail.com> said:
>
>    > Where abouts do you change the server that the bootcd wants to
> bootstrap
>    > from?
>
>    > I'm getting a 10.5.x.x address at the moment, where do I specify that?
> Is it
>    > a kernel option or something, or is it trying to use my office DHCP
> server?
> Normally it uses the server-name from dhcpd.conf. It may also look at
> next-server. You can also specify it on the kernel command line.
> Have a look at the nfsroot= parameter where you can specify the nfs
> server.

Apologies, but I'm still not getting it..

What files do I need to look in to change these settings? Do I then need to
rerun fai-cd?

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a bootcd, where I can specify the
install server to install from.. without having to rely on DHCP/PXE at all

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'