busybox in lenny without NFS support for FAI

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Sun Mar 29 17:08:38 CEST 2009

Michal Svamberg wrote:
> The support for FAI in lenny is not perfect;

Unfortunately, it's not the FAI team that has control of how the
dependencies are built.

> are there any other
> solutions that do not require you to recompile or change standard packages?

With the standard toolset recommend by FAI(initrd-tools as they are,
nfs-kernel-server, nfsroot creation with make-fai-nfsroot), things
should work fine at least there wheren't major complaints until now.

I do not totally understand what's happening and why you're not just
going with the default settings and tools.

Why don't you like the nfsmount tool that comes with initrd-tools?
What exactly does not work for you with the standard busybox?

If things are missing there that are crucial to you, you should notify
th maintainers of these tools, so they can change their packages
accordingly.

Henning