pxe boot not work.

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Mon Mar 2 21:36:47 CET 2009

Hi Henning,

Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 19:35 +0100 schrieb Henning Sprang:
> I hope I really get what you are trying to do - the subject and
> description is a bit complex.
>
> Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> > my client does not mount the nfs filesystem from the host.
> Which client from which host?
A PXE booting client which is booting from a fai server that
was setup with a usb-stick, which carry a filesystem like
fai-cd and a modified config space.

> Error messages?
nfs error.... 2
I can try to fetch the exact message tomorrow but it was not
help-full.

Then timeout and stay in a shell of the debian live system
where fai boot based on.

> What exactly do you do?
>
> > I must remove "--no-nfs-version 3" from /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server.
> > to boot from the network.

> Where do you apply this change?
On the fai server of course.

> Sounds strange that you should have to do this and that could not be
> solved in any other way.
May be that I have a other problem that I solve with this workaround
that why I ask if this problem is known by other users.
It seems that I must debug the problem a little bit more and give
more details that somebody can help.

For the moment I will live with this workaround and hope that the real
problem will not stop me. :-)

thanks Andreas