Two NICs

Emanuel Minetti minetti at servicecenter-khs.de
Tue Jun 16 16:00:56 CEST 2009

Hello List!

I have a client with two NICs. One is onboard and PXE capable. The other
is plugged and not PXE capable.
I configured DHCP- and FAI-Server for the onboard card, and the client
gets the kernel and initram from tftp.
But then the client tries to mount the nfs-root from the other card,
which is not connected to the network where
the FAI-Server lives and so it can't mount the nfs-root.

Is there any other way to solve this than removing the plugged card?

The plugged card is recognized as 'eth0'. Is there any way to get the
onboard card to be recognized as 'eth0'?

Any ideas appreciated,
thanks

Emanuel