looking for help to run fai

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Mon Jun 8 09:53:18 CEST 2009

Hi

Shankar Dutt wrote:
> thanks for your help. i again want some more help
> my problems is , now my dhcpd.conf running and first i set
> FAI_ACTION=sysinfo and then I change ACTION= install, so i want to know
> how many files requried to modify to change FAI_ACTION ?

I *think* you just need to modify the dhcp.conf and nothing else - or
I'm not understanding your question correctly.

> second now my all data have lost ,and i getting the message :temprory
> failure resolving  http//:ftp debia .org (my client and server not
> connected trough internet , just through a direct wire),
> now does i need to connect through internet  ?

Well, it needs to talk to a repository. If you have the repository on
the directly connecting machine, you need to change this in your nfsroot
(/srv/fai/nfsroot......) otherwise you might need to change your fai
master machine to act as a gateway to the internet with both IP
translation (if needed) and maybe DNS forwarding/proxy.

> and last, now my prompt showing  grub>

That indicates that grub was found in the master boot record but nothing
else..
>  so what i should do now for complete installation ?

I guess you need to set-up the repository access first and see how far
get after that - without software your computer will only be a big block
of metals ;)

HTH

Carsten