FAI & Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Thu Jun 4 19:40:01 CEST 2009

Hello list,
has anyone got FAI to install Ubuntu Jaunty Clients?

I'm having an Ubuntu 9.04 Server and want to install 9.04 Clients using
FAI (both the shipped 3.2.4+svn4837 version as well as the latest 3.2.20
from the FAI repository), and both versions fail to install initrd.

With 3.2.4 I could solve it by chrooting into the nfsroot and creating
the directory "/usr/bin/udevinfo", but the install would hang when FAI
is about to mount the config directory (the error message reads
"mount.nfs: mount point /var/lib/fai/config does not exist").

With 3.2.20 I can't get the initrd problem to solve, thus being stuck at
the early beginning.

Any experiences with Jaunty - both good and bad - are very appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert