Looking for help to run dhcpd.conf

Shankar Dutt sd.mamgain85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:14:48 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,
 please can Someone have a solution about my problem. ?

# dhcpd.conf for fai
# replace faiserver with the name of your install server
ddns-update-style none;

deny unknown-clients;
option dhcp-max-message-size 2048;
use-host-decl-names on;
#always-reply-rfc1048 on;
allow booting;
allow bootp;

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 {
   option routers mca62;
   option domain-name "cms.in";
   option domain-name-servers mca62;
   option time-servers mca62;
   option ntp-servers mca62; #fai server name
   server-name mca62;
   next-server mca62; #fai server name
   filename "pxelinux.0";
}

# perl -ane ' {print "host atom {hardware ethernet $1;fixed-address atom}";}'
host mca61 {hardware ethernet 00:19:db:a9:64:73;fixed-address mca61;}

Am i missing somthing?
i start my dhcp server using "/etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart"

I also want know does tftp also required some changes in order to run fai ?

however, at the client side i am getting a message as "pxe-e51- no
dhcp or proxy offer received"

looking forward for your help.
thank you.