FAI-3.2.16 and Broadcom-Ethernet/PXE/DHCP-problem with ipconfig

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Tue Jan 27 14:05:19 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

> Ipconfig is not really very well known as it is mainly used within init scripts. I'm not sure if the bug is in ipconfig or in the init scripts.

as the other Thomas pointed to CISCO: Removing the switch helped,
ipconfig did the job and it booted a little bit further.

Now it terminates regarding problems mounting /root with "aufs".

At least I am a step further, although the CISCO problem will come
back. I think it is difficult to finde environments without CISCO
hardware...

I suspect that live-initramfs is not as good as it should be.

Best regards

Dirk