fai-cd for full cd installation

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Sat Jan 24 11:49:50 CET 2009

akr lot wrote:
> Hello;
> I would like to perform full installation of my client PCs from CD (ubuntu)
> without  the need for  connection to fai server.Could you  tell me
> all the packages required by fai-cd command on ubuntu.and how to configure
> /etc/fai/menu.lst using the sample below

I don't really understand what your problem is and what I could tell you
about the menu.lst.
Fai-cd should work as documented in the fai-guide, and if not, we'd like
to hear where exactly and how it fails - then we can help you to get
further.

Please read the fai-guide chapters on fai-cd, the manpages of fai-cd and
fai-mirror(and everything else google already knows) try how far to
come, and come back if you experience problems.

> [...]
> Besides; as far as the mirror required by fai-cd command is concerned; i
> need to create a partial mirror
> with fai-mirror or i can use the full ubuntu mirror?

You need to do exactly as described in the docs.

A full Ubuntu mirror does not fit on a dvd, even less on a cd, so
fai-mirror is the part taking care you only get the packages needed by
your classes.

Henning